Strong-Drive® SDWS TIMBER Screw
Designed to provide an easy-to-install, high-strength alternative to through-bolting and traditional lag screws. The Strong-Drive SDWS Timber screw is ideal for the contractor and do-it-yourselfer alike. It is code listed under IAPMO UES ER-192 and meets 2012 and 2015 IRC® and IBC® code requirements for several common wood framing and engineered-wood applications.
|Country of Manufacture|
- New — Patented SawTooth™ point ensures fast starts, reduces installation torque and eliminates the need for predrilling in most applications
- Bold thread design provides superior holding power
- Under-head nibs offer greater control when seating the head
- Large low-profile washer head provides maximum bearing area (0.75" head dia.)
- Size identification on all SDWS screw heads
- 6-lobe T-40 drive reduces driver-bit cam-outs, resulting in easier installations and longer bit life
Double-barrier coating provides corrosion resistance equivalent to hot-dip galvanization, making it suitable for certain exterior and preservative-treated wood applications, as described in the evaluation report.
- Structural wood-to-wood and engineered-wood connections including ledgers