QDEK 2302 PVC Membrane Adhesive
QDEK 2302 PVC Membrane Adhesive
PVC Membrane Adhesive - QD2302 is designed as a portable, self-contained spray system for field or shop applications.
QDEK® 2300 PVC membrane adhesive is a high performance industrial spray contact adhesive formulated specifically for bonding PVC flat roofing membranes and materials to a variety of roof decks, including concrete, most insulation boards, plywood and cementitious boards. This material is designed for detail work where smooth bondlines are critical.
Permanent PVC Bonding
Over 300°F (150°C) temperature resistance
Excellent plasticizer resistance
High adhesive output for fast application
Resists weathering, water, fuel, oil, and many other plasticizers
QDEK 2302 PVC Membrane Adhesive is designed as a portable, self-contained spray system in canister cylinder tanks for field or shop applications.
- Apply adhesive to both surfaces to be mated, at 80% to 100% coverage.
- Allow 3-5 minutes or until just slightly sticky, but not longer than 20 minutes before mating substrates.
- Parts should be mated with as much pressure as practical. Ensure 80-100% coverage with spray pattern.
- Within one to two hours, bond is strong enough to allow cutting or trimming, although ultimate strength is achieved in 1-3 days.
- Canister system will spray adequately above 60°F. Canister system should be kept in warm area. In the event that the canister gets abnormally chilled, freezes or gives poor or sputtering spray, it should be warmed up before continued usage. Warming canister by immersion in warm water is recommended.
- Notice! - Do not store at temperatures over 120°F.
- Using S800: Point aerosol and gun away from yourself and wear safety glasses
- Spray whole tip until tip is clean.
- Hold S800 nozzle directly on or within 1⁄2” of the opening of the tip.
- Spray S800 directly into the hole until it is clear (1-3 seconds).
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
Top Tips & Directions For Using QDEK 2302 PVC Membrane Adhesive
- Once guns and hoses are connected to the canister for the first time, never turn the canister valve off throughout its useful life – this will stop adhesive curing in the hose and the hose becoming blocked – this will extend the life of the spray equipment.
- Ensure all gun and hose connections are tight prior to use – this will stop any leaks when product is in use.
- Always use the adjustment wheel behind the trigger on the spray gun – this allows users to adjust the width of the spray pattern to suit the size of the area they are spraying on – you can achieve a spray width from 1” up to 20” giving users flexibility and full controllability.
- Setting the width of the spray pattern according to the size of the spray area reduces the likelihood of overspray- this reduces wastage and means the glue will go further.
- When using Polyurethane based products always use the spray solvent cleaners provided to maintain equipment – before putting the spray gun down, give the spray tip a spray with solvent cleaner to ensure the gun is ready for use next time – this stops the tips curing up and saves downtime.
- Take the time out to ensure all substrates (this would be membranes and insulation boards when applied to roofing) are free of dirt and debris prior to bonding -this will ensure optimum bond strength and performance.