OMG RhinoBond • Portable Bonding Unit
RhinoBond is based on patented electromagnetic induction welding technology. Just place the RhinoBond tool on the membrane directly over the specially coated plate and activate it to bond the underside of the membrane to the plate.
- RhinoBond uses up to 50% fewer fasteners, up to 30% fewer seams and zero penetrations of the roof cover, when compared to traditional mechanical fastening methods.
- FM approved and supported by most roofing system manufacturers.
- Fastest growing method of attachment in the commercial roofing industry.
- RhinoBond Plates meet FM 4470 criteria for corrosion resistance, and feature a wide welding surface to promote a strong bond.
- A tighter fastening pattern provides additional attachment points for full-width membrane, thus providing enhanced security with no half-sheets, fewer seams and zero membrane penetrations.
RhinoBond is an alternative insulation and membrane attachment system for TPO and PVC membranes. The system uses the same fastener and plate to secure both the insulation and the membrane to the deck without penetrating the roofing material. The result is a Factory Mutual-approved system that does not create any point of entry for moisture, requires fewer fasteners and provides superior wind uplift performance.
The RhinoBond system includes specially coated plates, available for TPO and PVC membranes through roofing systems manufacturers that can be installed with several OMG fasteners. RhinoBond is compatible with polyisocyanurate, hard cover boards, and can be used on XPS and EPS with cardboard discs that protect the insulation from melting during the induction process. RhinoBond TreadSafe plates & plastic tubes are available for use on compressible insulation. RhinoBond tools come with six (6) magnets. Extra magnets sold separately. RhinoBond tools operate on 110v and 220v power sources.
For years mechanically attached system installation was based on in-seam fastening patterns. With the RhinoBond system, you have to think outside the seams. Simply determine the number of RhinoBond fasteners required to achieve the desired rating based on the wind uplift requirements. There are no seam fasteners required with the RhinoBond system. Since the fastening points are spread across the entire roof in a grid pattern, the uplift load is distributed more evenly and the system can achieve higher wind ratings with fewer fasteners.
RhinoBond Unit Includes:
- RhinoBond Tool (with carrying case)
- Magnetic Heat Sinks (6 included with carrying case)
|Country of Manufacture|
- RhinoBond typically uses 25% to 50% fewer fasteners when compared to traditional fastening methods.
- Installing additional fasteners around penetrations or in corners provides extra attachment points for the full-width membrane. The result is enhanced security with fewer seams.
- RhinoBond has achieved an FM 1-210 wind resistance rating, and can resist over 500 lbs of force in static testing.
|Cat. No.||Product Description||Packaging Quantity||Weight (lbs)|
|RBT005||RhinoBond Induction Welding Tool (w/ 6-pk magnets)||1 ea.||44|
|RBM002||RhinoBond Magnets||6 Pack Set||20|
|RBT-POWERCORD||100-ft. Power Cord||1 ea.||N/A|
Winco Inc. WL18000VE Industrial Generator$4,655.00
Winco Inc. HPS12000HE Residential Multi-Fuel Generator$4,427.00
YAMAHA EF7200DE Portable Power Generator | YAMAHA$1,850.00
Generic Products 50ft. Locking Extension Cord | Pro LockAs low as $33.50
Generic Products 100 ft. ProLock Locking Extension Power Cord | ProLockAs low as $54.95
YAMAHA EF10ISX Generator$791.10
YAMAHA EF24ISHX Generator$1,331.10
YAMAHA EF5500D Portable Generator | YAMAHA EF55D$1,399.00
BAK RiOnAs low as $445.00
BAK RiOn (Digital)$1,014.00
BAK RiOn -With BOX$469.99
BAK RiOn Heat Welder Kits Price upon request