HUTF/HUSTF Heavy-Duty and Double-Shear Joist Hangers-HU2102TF
Check for local delivery
Financing Available for orders over $1,000
HUSTF has the double-shear nailing advantage — distributing the joist load through two points on each nail for greater strength.
|Manufacturer Part Number||HU210-2TF|
|Country of Manufacture|
- Galvanized; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Not acceptable for nailer or welded applications; see W and B hangers
- HUTF — the minimum header or ledger size that can be used with this hanger is 3 1/2"
- HUSTF — with 3x carrying members, use 16d x 2 1/2" nails into the header and 16d commons into the joist
- For attaching to headers made up of multiple 2xs, refer to technical bulletin Top-Flange Hanger Reductions For Multiple-Ply Headers (T-C-MPLYHEADR)
- See Hanger Options General Notes.
- HUTF rough beam sizes are available by special order.
Sloped and/or Skewed Seat
- HUTF can be skewed to a maximum of 45° or sloped to a maximum of 45°. HUTF can be skewed and sloped down only, provided W ≥ 2 3/8". No skew with slope up options available.
- For skews greater than 15°, uplift loads are 0.75 of the table loads. Hangers with a skew greater than 15° may have all the joist nailing on the outside angle.
- For sloped and skewed combinations, the allowable loads are 0.70 of the table loads.
- HU43TF may be skewed only 45° at 0.45 of table loads. No options for HU24-2TF and HU44TF.
- For sloped-down-only hangers, allowable load is 0.78 of the table load.
- HUTF is available with one A flange concealed at 0.85 of the catalog table load. HUTF is also available with both flanges concealed provided the W dimension is 2 9/16" or greater, at 0.85 of the table load. Specify HUCTF for both flanges concealed. No skew options available.
- Available with flanges turned in for HUCTF 2 9/16" or wider.