Durasil SL Pourable Sealant (CASE of 4)
ChemLink DuraSil SL is an oxime (neutral) cure silicone sealant designed for use in pitch pans, pockets and ChemLink ChemCurb penetration seals. DuraSil SL is suitable for hot pipe applications up to 400°F (204°C). Chem Link DuraSil SL’s low durometer and resilient “elastomeric” properties accommodate greater movement in penetration seals than typical urethane sealants. DuraSil SL can be used effectively in wet or dry climate conditions and at cold temperatures as low as 32°F (0°C).
- Self leveling, no special tools or mixing required
- Neutral cure will not promote corrosion of metal
- Solvent free, 100% solids will not shrink upon curing
- No outgassing on damp surfaces
- Good color stability, will not suntan
- Application at temperatures as low as 32°F (0°C)
Durasil SL Packaging:
- 2 Liter (68 Oz Pouches) - 4 Pouches per box/carton
DURASIL SL Self-Leveling Pourable Silicone Sealant
- DuraSil SL is an oxime (neutral) cure silicone sealant designed for use in pitch pans and warranted E-Curb penetration seals.
- DuraSil SL is suitable for hot pipe applications up to 400°F (204°C).
- DuraSil SL’s low durometer and resilient “elastomeric” properties accommodate greater movement in penetration seals.
- DuraSil SL is solvent free, contains no isocyanates and will not shrink upon curing.
Rate of cure is dependent on atmospheric conditions. Curing proceeds at a rate of 1/4” a week at 70°F (22°C) and 50% Relative Humidity. Lower temperature and humidity will inhibit the rate of cure. Higher temperature and humidity will accelerate rate of cure. Depths of more than 2” will cure through in 2 to 3 months.
- Conforms to OTC Rule for Sealants and Caulks
- Meets requirements of California Regs: CARB, BAAQMD and SCAQMD
- This product does not contain cancer causing chemicals listed in California Proposition 65
- Conforms to USDA Requirements for Non-food Contact
- LEED 2.2 for New Construction and Major Renovations: Low Emitting Materials (Section 4.1) 1 Point
- NAHB Model Green Home Building Guidelines: 5 Global Impact Points
- VOC Content: less than 33 grams/liter ASTM D2369 EPA Method 24 (tested at 240°F/115°C)
Key Benefits of ChemLink Durasil SL Versus Competition:
- NEUTRAL CURE: will not promote metal corrosion
- SOLVENT FREE: 100% solids, will not shrink
- COLOR STABILITY: good stability, will not suntain
- SELF LEVELING: no special tools required
- TEMP RANGE: apply at temperatures as low as 32F
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
Chem Link Durasil SL Installation
- Bonding surfaces should be clean, dry and free from all contamination that may inhibit the sealant’s performance.
- Brush away all gravel or loose granules.
- Isopropyl alcohol is an effective cleaner for surface preparation.
- Do not extend DuraSil SL with foreign materials or liquids.
- The seal surface will skin over and will be water tight in approximately 1 hour.
- Do not use if rain is anticipated within 4 hours.
- Please contact customer service for application guidelines with temperatures below 32°F (0°C).
- Do not use on TPO without the use of TPO primer.
- Do not use on Hypalon.
- Smooth APP membranes require a granulated target.
- This product sets rapidly upon exposure to moisture.